Per the State of California’s June 15th announcement to fully reopen its economy, the San Jose Theaters are excited to finally reopen our doors once again for live entertainment, concerts and events at the San Jose Civic, Center for the Performing Arts, Montgomery Theater and California Theatre.
At this time, we anticipate your event experience to operate as normal. Please see below for updated mask guidelines.
Additional guidelines for masks, vaccination and other safety precautions may apply for your event at the discretion of the promoter, organizer, and/or artist. Please follow your event’s social media, website, and be on the lookout for email notices with additional instructions closer to the event.
The San Jose Theaters are dedicated to the highest level of health and sanitation standards as recommended by top industry experts. As we prepare to welcome you back to our venues, here’s what we’re doing to keep safety a top priority for all….
GBAC STAR™ Facility Accreditation
The collection of San Jose Theaters are among the first venues in the nation to achieve the GBAC STAR™, the cleaning industry’s only outbreak prevention, response and recovery accreditation. The GBAC STAR™ rating was achieved alongside the San Jose McEnery Convention Center, making San Jose the first Bay Area meetings campus to reach this standard.
Improved Air Quality Filtration
To ensure the air in our buildings is safe when you return, San Jose Theaters has improved the air quality at our venues by upgrading our air filtration filters over the standard code minimum. We’re using MERV 13 in occupant dense spaces, as recommended by the American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air-Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE) for non-healthcare facilities. San Jose Theaters also has the ability to induce and increase outdoor air ventilation by disabling demand controlled ventilation and opening outdoor air dampers to 100% as indoor and outdoor conditions permit.
Per the State of California announcement on July 26, 2021, the mask requirements now match CDC guidance.
- Vaccinated guests/patrons do not need to wear masks, but it is strongly recommended.
- Unvaccinated guests/patrons are required to wear masks in all San Jose Theaters.
See State for exemptions to masks requirements.
To help reduce the amount of physical contact at San Jose Theaters, we’re creating a touchless experience with:
- Most concerts and events will offer mobile ticket delivery & cashless transactions at our venue box offices. (No printed tickets.)
- Most concerts and events will offer new security ticket scanners that create an efficient and seamless entry.
- In mid-August, our Concessions will offer more cashless transaction options for purchasing food or beverages.
Enhanced Cleaning and Sanitation
Our venues have undergone enhanced cleaning and sanitation by our operations staff:
- Doorknobs, railings, counter tops, elevator buttons and other common touch points are sanitized with increased frequency.
- Performance halls, larger gathering areas, transported and shared equipment, and other larger common areas are cleaned first and then sanitized using electrostatic technology which allows disinfecting solution to adhere to all surfaces.
- For your convenience, hand sanitizer dispensers are available throughout the buildings.