Updated June 23, 2022
San Jose Theaters is excited to welcome you back for live entertainment, concerts and events. See you soon at the San Jose Civic, Center for the Performing Arts, Montgomery Theater and California Theatre!
Please see your event pages for specific entry requirement details, as stricter guidelines may apply. Failure to comply with these mandates may result in loss of privileges to attend an event.
As of April 1, 2022, according to California state event guidelines, pre-entry COVID-related verification requirements have been lifted (except where noted for particular events).
Per California state mask guidelines, masks are strongly recommended indoors for all attendees, except when actively eating or drinking.
Stricter guidelines may apply for your event at the discretion of the artist, promoter or event organizer. Please confirm details via your event’s social media, website, or email notices that may provide additional instructions. Current stricter guidelines in place:
- Symphony San Jose: “Masks are no longer mandated but highly recommended for each Symphony San Jose ticket holder. Each ticket holder should be vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to attending a Symphony concert or have received a negative COVID-19 PCR test within the previous 48 hours. If you are not vaccinated or do not have a recent negative test, you must wear a mask in the theatre.” Please visit Symphony San Jose’s website for additional details.
- CMT San Jose will continue to require masks to be worn during performances until further notice.
PROOF OF VACCINATION
“Fully Vaccinated” and “Full Vaccination” means two weeks after completing the entire recommended series of vaccination (usually one or two doses) with a vaccine authorized to prevent COVID-19 by the United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA), including by way of an emergency use authorization, or by the World Health Organization (WHO). Boosters are not needed to enter the premises.
Accepted Forms for Proof of Vaccination
- A CDC vaccination card or similar documentation issued by another foreign governmental jurisdiction;
- A photo of a vaccination card as a separate document, or stored on a phone or electronic device;
- Documentation of vaccination from a healthcare provider;
- A personal digital COVID-19 vaccine record with a QR code that scans to display name, date of birth, vaccine dates and vaccine type.
Attendees can schedule their COVID-19 tests with their medical providers or find resources through their city or county. Santa Clara County offers free testing options at sccfreetest.org or by calling (408) 970-2000 to find a testing location. Additional city resources can be found at covidtesting.cityhealthuc.com.
Accepted Forms of Proof of a Negative Test:
- A printed document from the test provider or laboratory, OR
- An electronic test result displayed on a phone or other device from the test provider or laboratory.
- The information should include person’s name, type of test performed, the date the test was taken, and the negative test result.
HEALTH & SANITATION
The San Jose Theaters are dedicated to the highest level of health and sanitation standards as recommended by top industry experts. As we prepare to welcome you back to our venues, here’s what we’re doing to keep safety a top priority for all….
GBAC STAR™ Facility Accreditation
The collection of San Jose Theaters are among the first venues in the nation to achieve the GBAC STAR™, the cleaning industry’s only outbreak prevention, response and recovery accreditation. The GBAC STAR™ rating was achieved alongside the San Jose McEnery Convention Center, making San Jose the first Bay Area meetings campus to reach this standard.
Improved Air Quality Filtration
To ensure the air in our buildings is safe when you return, San Jose Theaters has improved the air quality at our venues by upgrading our air filtration filters over the standard code minimum. We’re using MERV 13 in occupant dense spaces, as recommended by the American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air-Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE) for non-healthcare facilities.
To help reduce the amount of physical contact at San Jose Theaters, we’re creating a touchless experience with:
- Most concerts and events will offer mobile ticket delivery & cashless transactions at our venue box offices. (No printed tickets.)
- Most concerts and events will offer new security ticket scanners that create an efficient and seamless entry.
- Bars & Concessions are now cashless offering many digital options for purchasing food or beverages (Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Apple Pay, Google Pay)