A personal vendetta…. A doomed love triangle…. One gypsy’s lifelong desire for revenge is the backdrop for Giuseppe Verdi’s dramatic love story.
Based on the play El trovador (The Troubadour) by Spanish playwright Antonio García Gutiérrez, this powerful melodrama set in 15th–century Spain has it all: vengeance, war, jealousy and passion.
It boasts an emotional, heart-stopping score which includes one of the most famous choral melodies ever written, the “Anvil Chorus”.
Sung in Italian with English supertitles.
- Sat., February 15, 2020 @ 8pm
- Sun., February 16, 2020 @ 3pm
- Thurs., February 20, 2020 @ 8pm
- Sun., February 23, 2020 @ 3pm
- Fri., February 28, 2020 @ 8pm
- Sun., March 1, 2020 @ 3pm