Alma Deutscher’s Cinderella is based on the fairy tale, but music itself has become the central theme of the story.
The setting is an opera company run by the stepmother, who inherited it from Cinderella’s father when he died. Cinderella herself is a composer with beautiful melodies springing into her head, but she is not accepted by her new family — especially the stepsisters, who are vain, would-be divas.
The prince is a poet, and the story is about the Prince searching for the lost melody for his poem (rather than a lost slipper).
Alma Deutscher is a remarkable young composer, pianist and violinist who lives in England.
- Sat., December 16, 2017 @ 8pm
- Sun., December 17, 2017 @ 3pm
- Tues., December 19, 2017 @ 3pm
- Weds., December 20, 2017 @ 8pm
- Thurs., December 21, 2017 @ 3pm
- Fri., December 22, 2017 @ 8pm
- Sat., December 23, 2017 @ 2pm