Click below for answers to Frequently Asked Questions
If you left a personal belonging at one of our four theaters, please call 408-277-3500 and describe the item and in which theater it was left.
The following are prohibited in our theaters:
- Any distractions during the performance
- Outside food or beverage, including alcohol
- Illegal substances and/or weapons of any kind
- Backpacks/bags larger than 10” x 10”
- Note: All bags are subject to search prior to entry
- Professional cameras, cameras with detachable lens, video cameras or tripods
- Any patron perceived to be intoxicated
- Irresponsible drinking or behavior
- Disorderly conduct, fighting, taunting or threatening (verbal or non-verbal)
- Mistreatment of performers, patrons or staff — including verbal abuse, harassment, profanity, confrontations, intimidation or threatening behavior
- Failing to follow instructions from Ushers, Venue Managers, Police or Emergency Medical Staff
- Balloons, balls, frisbees
- Laptops, tablets (e.g. iPads) or the like
- Klaxons, bullhorns, whistles or other noisemakers
- Laser pointers
- Smoking, Vaping – inside and/or in non-designated outdoor areas
Special Note: Cannabis or cannabis products may not be smoked, vaporized or ingested in any public place. Violators will be fined. – California Health and Safety Code 11362.3
Electronic Music (EDM) Events will have increased security measures, including physical searches. Plus, these items are also prohibited:
- Open packages of cigarettes, vape cartridges, gum, eye drops, hygiene products. These products must have manufacturer seals intact.
- Stickers, markers, pens, fliers, spray paint
- Large chains, spiked jewelry, pacifiers
- Unlabeled medications
- Depending on the event/artist, additional items may be prohibited. Please review website of the artist/tour/production company prior to arrival.
- Upon arrival at the theater entrance with any of the prohibited items, you will be asked to return the item to your vehicle. Prohibited items will not be secured onsite.
- Any prohibited items, should they be confiscated, will be discarded and not available for return to the patron.
- We reserve the right to heighten security measures for various shows, for various reasons, to ensure patron safety.
Along with regularly checking our Upcoming Events page,
- …subscribe to our monthly Newsletter. (You will not be added to any other list.)
- … follow our San Jose Theaters Facebook page.
- … follow our 4 Facebook theater pages: California Theatre, Center for the Performing Arts, San Jose Civic, Montgomery Theater.
- …follow our 2 Instagram accounts: San Jose Theaters & San Jose Civic.
- To check the availability of ADA seats for a particular performance, please call the Box Office at 408-792-4111 (Tues-Fri: 10am-5pm; Sat: 12pm-5pm) in advance.
- Assistive Listening Devices (ALDs) are available during performances. You may simply ask an usher upon entry to the venue if you wish to borrow one.
San Jose Civic ADA Information
Disabled guests may enter the San Jose Civic through the main entrance via the wheelchair-accessible (WCA) ramp on the right side of the venue. The elevator to the balcony for accessible seating is located to the right as you enter the facility.
There are two wheelchair-accessible spaces in the Orchestra section on either side of rows A, B & C (for reserved-seating performances only). The Balcony’s last row in sections 303, 304, 305, 307, 308, 309, 311, 312 and 313 can accommodate wheelchair patrons and their companions.
Center for the Performing Arts ADA Information
Disabled guests may enter the Center for the Performing Arts via the wheelchair-accessible ramp located on the Park Avenue side of the theater. There are limited WCA parking spaces on Park Avenue.
WCA seating is located on either end of Row 25. Upon entering, proceed straight ahead for even-numbered WCA seating, or turn right and proceed down the corridor for odd-numbered seats.
There is a WCA restroom located in the main lobby just past the CPA’s box office.
California Theatre ADA Information
Disabled guests may enter the California Theatre via the main entrance on S. 1st Street. As you enter the facility, there is a hallway entrance to the right. This hallway provides access to a WCA ramp to the restrooms as well as to an elevator servicing both floors.
There is one WCA platform in the Orchestra (Row H) and one in the Grand Tier (Row FF) that can accommodate wheelchair patrons and their companions.
Montgomery Theater ADA Information
Disabled guests may enter via the main entrance on Market Street. There are limited WCA parking spaces on the street in front.
There is one WCA platform in the rear Orchestra (Row P) and one in the Balcony (Row HH) that can accommodate wheelchair patrons and their companions.
San Jose Theaters does not allow animals in our venues unless they are service animals under the ADA or part of a scheduled event (i.e. dog show or circus).
The following policies must be observed:
- Service animals are defined as dogs that have been individually trained to do work or perform tasks for the benefit of people with disabilities. The task(s) by the dog must directly relate to the disability/disabilities. Service animals must be under the control of a handler at all times.
- Dogs whose sole function is to provide comfort or emotional support do not qualify as service animals under the ADA.
Yes, booster seats are available for free use during events at each of our venues.
Please Note: The maximum weight limit is 50 lbs, and use is restricted to patrons under 5 feet tall.
To obtain use of a booster seat, please ask an Usher at least 10 minutes before the event is scheduled to begin, if possible.
Tickets / Box Office Info
There is a central Box Office that handles advance ticketing for all four of our theaters.* It is operated by TSJ Ticketing, a division of Team San Jose.
Box Office Notes:
- Important: The Box Office does not sell tickets for every show at our theaters. If you have a ticketing question, please call or email the Box Office so that the staff can direct you to the appropriate ticketing service. (Some are listed below.)
- Location: At the San Jose Civic (135 West San Carlos St., San Jose, CA 95113).
- Box Office Phone Number: 408-792-4111
- Regular Hours: Tues-Sat: 12pm-5pm (Please call before visiting.)
- A 5-minute (white curb) loading zone is available out front during business hours.
- The Box Office may be closed on certain Holidays.
- The Box Office is typically* open for San Jose Civic events 2 hours prior to — and 30 minutes after the start of — performances. (*Please call in advance to confirm times.)
- Acceptable payment methods: Cash, Visa, MasterCard, American Express
- Email: [email protected]
- Note: For day-of-show help with Broadway San Jose tickets, please phone 669-242-8555.
- If you are attending a show at the Center for the Performing Arts, the California Theatre or the Montgomery Theater, Will Call Tickets will be held at the venue on the day/evening of the performance.
- The Will Call area is typically* open for 2 hours prior to — and 30 minutes after the start of — performances. (*Please call in advance to confirm times.)
- Please bring a government-issued ID
- Please check your ticket method of delivery carefully. Mobile tickets can be scanned from your phone, while electronic/TicketFast must be printed at home.
Additional Phone Numbers for Ticketing Services:
- Broadway San Jose: 669-242-8555
- Ticketmaster (for many San Jose Civic concerts): 800-745-3000
- Symphony Silicon Valley: 408-286-2600
- Opera San Jose: 408-437-4450
- CMT: 408-288-5437
You can phone our Box Office team (Tues-Sat: 12pm-5pm)* at 408-792-4111 or email them your question at [email protected]. (For more info, click on “Where is the Box Office, and how can I contact its staff?“)
*Note: For day-of-show help with Broadway San Jose tickets, please phone 669-242-8555.
If you bought your tickets through an outside vendor (e.g. Ticketmaster, AXS, Brown Paper Tickets), you should contact them directly for help.
Ticket windows at the Center for the Performing Arts (CPA) box office are open 2 hours before showtime.
However, the Box Office selling advance tickets for Broadway San Jose productions is located at the San Jose Civic, not the CPA. (Click on the question above for the Box Office address, times, etc.)
No. If you’re interested in a gift certificate for a particular organization that performs in one of our theaters, you should contact them directly to see if they have any available.
While there are many worthwhile causes out there, our staff simply does not have free tickets to give away. As the manager of these venues, San Jose Theaters does not have direct access to our clients’ tickets. To request tickets for a specific show or concert, you should contact its producer/promoter directly.
Our standard policy is that children ages 2+ years need tickets. For family shows, children ages 1+ need tickets.
(Note: Different policies may apply to individual shows, depending on the producers. Please check the event’s page to confirm.)
As a matter of fact — yes, they are. The California Theatre, in particular, is a lovely venue for weddings. For more information, you can click here.
Jobs / Volunteering
If there are job opening with San Jose Theaters, they will be listed in the Team San Jose Careers section of this page.
Sorry, but we don’t use volunteer ushers. Our ushers are union professionals. (For information about contacting the local IATSE office, you can click here.)
Sorry, but we don’t book talent; promoters are in charge of the lineups for the concerts performed in our venues.
The General Phone Number for San Jose Theaters is (408) 792-4542.
Our Box Office Number is (408) 792-4111 (T-Sat., 12pm-5pm).
For Written Communication, please use the Form below.
- For questions about Tickets, Lost & Found, Theater Rentals or Photo Shoots, please check the related FAQs above.
- Donation Requests: As much as we’d like to support every organization and cause, we unfortunately do not have direct access to our clients’ tickets. To request tickets for a specific show or concert, you should contact its organization/promoter directly.
- Most Theaters team members work standard M-F office hours. Barring holidays, voicemail or inquiry form messages submitted at night or on a weekend will generally be answered on the next business day.
General Inquiry Form
GENERAL INQUIRY FORM*
*Note: Do not use this form for questions about LOST & FOUND, THEATER RENTALS or PHOTO SHOOTS. (Find contact info for those categories above.)
The General Phone Number for San Jose Theaters is (408) 792-4542.
Our Box Office Number is (408) 792-4111 (T-Sat., 12pm-5pm)
Regarding Ticket Donation Requests: As much as we’d like to support every organization and cause, we unfortunately do not have direct access to our clients’ tickets. To request tickets for a specific show or concert, you should contact its organization/promoter directly.
Contact Information for the San Jose Theaters Team:
General Manager | Director of Entertainment
Assistant General Manager
Director of Theaters
Theaters Sales Manager
Theater Sales and Booking Manager
Theater Sales Administrative Assistant
Director of Ticketing
Assistant Director of Ticketing
Box Office Manager
Assistant Box Office Manager
Theater Marketing and Online Content Manager
Front of House Manager, Theaters
Production Manager — San Jose Civic, Montgomery Theater
Production Manager — Center for the Performing Arts
Production Manager — California Theatre
Director of Event Services, Theaters
Sr. Theater Event Service Manager
Theater Event Service Manager
Theater Event Service Manager
For “snail mail” and/or package delivery, please send to:
San Jose Theaters
Attn: [Your Event Contact’s Name]
408 Almaden Blvd.
San Jose, CA 95110
TSJ Ticketing, San Jose Civic Box Office, San Jose Tix, Team San Jose Box Office, Team San Jose Tickets, San Jose CPA, San Jose Center, San Jose Theaters Tickets, Visit San Jose Tickets, Contact San Jose Theaters