Requirements for Entry:
Mask, Proof of Vaccination, Valid ID & an Attendee Form
What to Bring:
• Valid ID
• Attendee Form: Download in advance or fill out at event
• Proof of Vaccination
- Negative COVID tests are not allowed to be used as a substitute for proof of vaccination unless they are accompanied by a religious or medical written exemption as outlined in the City of San Jose’s FAQs.
- Children under 12 will not require proof of a negative COVID-19 test.
For more info, please review the venue’s Health and Safety Policy.
Grammy-winner Maestra JoAnn Falletta’s Symphony season opening is all celebration.
Mendelssohn’s shimmering, magic-filled fantasy and Dvorák’s lush and melodic symphony — favorite and deeply familiar works — will frame a world premiere by noted composer Gabriela Ortiz.
The Symphony is honored to introduce Ortiz’s D’Colonial Californio, a concerto for flute and orchestra, infused by the history, heritage, people and stories of El Camino Real, “this sacred and ancient pathway… connector of continents” —Ortiz.
D’Colonial Californio is a joint commission by TomKat Media, CaminoArts, and San Jose State’s Martha Cox Heasley Center for Steinbeck Studies.
Conductor: JoAnn Falletta (pictured)
Featured: Marisa Canales, flute
- Mendelssohn: A Midsummer Night’s Dream Overture and Scherzo
- Gabriela Ortiz: D’Colonial Californio (flute concerto world premiere)
- Dvorák: New World Symphony
- Sat., October 2, 2021 @ 8pm
- Sun., October 3, 2021 @ 2:30pm