255 Almaden Blvd., San Jose, CA 95113
Today’s Performances: 2pm & 7:30pm
San Jose’s longest-running production of The Nutcracker will capture your imagination and transport you to a magical world of brave toy soldiers, dancing snowflakes and more.
Audiences will be awed by the grace and talent of world-class guest artists Alison Stroming (of Dance Theatre Harlem) and Fredrick Davis (former Principal Dancer with Dance Theater of Harlem) Dec. 7-9, and Claire Rathbun (of Syracuse City Ballet) and Jake Casey (formerly of Cincinnati Ballet and most recently the Estonian Theatre Vanemuine Ballet) Dec 14-16.
The Cambrian Symphony’s 52-piece orchestra will be masterfully led by conductor Scott Johannes Krijnen.
Continuing the tradition for the 53rd year, San Francisco Bay Area dancers take part in this iconic traditional production at the Center for the Performing Arts in downtown San Jose. This holiday season, experience the beauty and splendor of San José Dance Theatre’s The Nutcracker, a San Jose tradition since 1966.
- Friday, December 7, 2018 @ 7:30pm*
- Saturday, December 8, 2018 @ 2pm & 7:30pm
- Sunday, December 9, 2018 @ 2pm
- Friday, December 14, 2018 @ 7:30pm*
- Saturday, December 15, 2018 @ 2pm & 7:30pm
- Sunday, December 16, 2018 @ 2pm
- *Tickets for both Friday evening performances are Half Price (excluding VIP).
- Ages 2 and over require a ticket.
- Discounts do not apply for the VIP Experience. (For more VIP information, please see below.)
- For the VIP Experience, please select $90 seats.
VIP Experience ($90):
See more than just the ballet with a VIP package! In addition to having the best seats in the house, take a behind-the-scenes tour of The Nutcracker and see the magic of the production up close. Meet and greet the cast at the exclusive Candy Kingdom party held in the Ridder Lounge, while filling up on delicious holiday treats and drinks. VIP ticket holders can also skip the crowds by using a special entrance into the theater, and using the Ridder Lounge restrooms during intermission.
Don’t just see The Nutcracker, experience it! The VIP Experience includes:
– Amazing Seats (Rows 7 through 11). See The Nutcracker from the best seats in the house! Enjoy the ballet sitting front and center, but not so close that you can’t see the dancers’ feet.
– Candy Kingdom Party: An exclusive party held in the Ridder Lounge, where VIP ticket holders can meet and greet the cast. Get autographs and pose for photos with characters, including the Sugar Plum Fairy and Sugar Plum Cavalier! The Candy Kingdom party is one hour before each performances. Fill up on delicious holiday treats and drinks during the party.
– Backstage Tours: The backstage tour offers a unique behind-the-scenes glimpse into the production. Visit the stage and backstage areas where the dancers prepare, and learn about props, sets, and the magic that goes into making the production spectacular!
The day of the performance, please check in with the VIP Manager 1 hour 45 minutes prior to showtime in the location indicated in your VIP itinerary. The VIP event starts promptly 1 hour 30 minutes prior to showtime and will last 30-45 minutes. The VIP entrance will be located on the west side of the theater, next to the Ridder Lounge.