Today’s Performances: 2pm & 7:30pm
A Heavenly Gift
The culture of ancient China was divinely inspired. Shen Yun’s works reflect this rich spiritual heritage….
Shen Yun invites you to travel back to the magical world of ancient China. Experience a lost culture through the incredible art of classical Chinese dance, and see legends come to life. Shen Yun makes this possible by pushing the boundaries of the performing arts, with a unique blend of stunning costuming, high-tech backdrops, and an orchestra like no other. Be prepared for a theatrical experience that will take your breath away!
A Heritage Once Lost
The traditional Chinese culture Shen Yun presents cannot be seen anywhere else in the world—not even in China. There, the ruling communist regime has viewed China’s rich spiritual and artistic heritage as a threat to its ideology and for decades tried to erase it. But in 2006, a group of Chinese artists came together in New York with a vision: to revive the best of China’s cultural heritage and share it with the world. They drew courage and inspiration from their practice of Falun Dafa — a spiritual discipline based on the principles of truthfulness, compassion, and tolerance. The company’s repertoire includes important works shedding light on the plight of people like them in communist China today.
After a decade of performing around the world to sold-out audiences everywhere, Shen Yun has brought a great civilization back from the brink of extinction.
Full Houses Everywhere
Shen Yun is now the world’s premier classical Chinese dance company. Some people fly from other countries or drive hundreds of miles to see it. Others see the same performance five or six times. Why? Many say there are no words to describe it — you have to see it with your own eyes to find out.
- Stunningly beautiful costumes and dance
- A cast of award-winning, world-class artists
- Powerful storytelling that evokes a lost culture
- State-of-the-art patented backdrop technology
- A full orchestra with mesmerizing, original scores
Know Before You Go
- Performances start right on time. Please plan to arrive well in advance in case of traffic or other unexpected delays. The performance is one whole experience —you won’t want to miss any part of it!
- Note regarding theatrical effects: This event employs CGI special effects, atmospheric effects, and sound effects, and is a visually, aurally, and emotionally immersive experience.
- Loud cheering or whistling can be distracting to both performers and other audience members, but applause is always appreciated.
- Dress code? Business attire or evening wear, please.
- Anyone causing disturbances or obstruction may be asked to leave. Please respect the right of others to enjoy the performance.
- Tickets are non-refundable and non-exchangeable.
- Wheelchair seating is available on the main floor.
- Run Time: 2 hours and 15 minutes (including intermission).
- Children under 4 are not admitted.
Presenter: San Francisco Falun Buddha Study Association
Ticket-Buying Warning: Do not buy tickets from online scalpers or websites not linked to from this page. Those tickets are likely invalid or significantly marked up.
- Thurs., Dec. 26, 2019 @ 2pm
- Fri., Dec. 27, 2019 @ 7:30pm
- Sat., Dec. 28, 2019 @ 2pm & 7:30pm
- Sun., Dec. 29, 2019 @ 2pm
- Sat., Jan. 11, 2020 @ 2pm & 7:30pm
- Sun., Jan. 12, 2020 @ 2pm