Requirements for Entry:
Mask, Proof of Vaccination & Valid ID
What to Bring:
• Valid ID
• Proof of Vaccination
- “Fully Vaccinated” means your performance is at least 14 days after your final vaccine dose. To enter the CPA, please bring a photo ID and proof of vaccination, either your physical vaccination card, a picture of your vaccination card, or a digital vaccination record. All California residents may request a digital vaccination record at MyVaccineRecord.cdph.ca.gov. Photo ID for patrons under 16 is not required.
- Exempted Patrons will be asked to show proof of exemption with a valid ID at the Main Entrance.
- Children under age 12 who are not fully vaccinated must provide proof of a negative molecular COVID-19 test (RT-PCR or NAAT) taken within 2 days prior to entering the theatre. For example, if your performance is on a Friday, you must get tested on or after Wednesday. “Fully vaccinated” means your performance is at least 14 days after your final vaccine dose. If your child has only received one shot or they don’t meet the 14 days requirement, they will still need to provide a negative molecular COVID-19 test (RT-PCR or NAAT).Children under age 12 will not be asked for a valid ID. Children under 5 will not be admitted to the theatre. Please note that Broadway San Jose requires the negative molecular COVID-19 test.
- Medical exemptions must be in writing, include the person’s name, and be signed by a medical professional. In order to be admitted to an event with a medical exemption, a person must also have a negative molecular COVID-19 test (RT-PCR or NAAT) result within 2 days prior to the event.
- Religious exemptions must be in writing with the person’s name. In order to be admitted to an event with a religious exemption, a person must also have a negative molecular COVID-19 test (RT-PCR or NAAT) result within 2 days prior to the event.
For more information, please see Broadway San Jose’s Safe and Clean Commitment.
Roald Dahl’s Charlie and the Chocolate Factory tells the story of Willy Wonka, world-famous inventor of the Everlasting Gobstopper, who has just made an astonishing announcement. His marvelous — and mysterious — factory is opening its gates… to a lucky few.
That includes young Charlie Bucket, whose life definitely needs sweetening. He and four other golden ticket winners embark on a mesmerizing, life-changing journey through Wonka’s world of pure imagination.
Get ready for Oompa-Loompas, incredible inventions, the great glass elevator and more, more, more at this everlasting showstopper!
The hit Broadway musical features songs from the original film, including “Pure Imagination”, “The Candy Man” and “I’ve Got a Golden Ticket”, alongside a toe-tapping and ear-tickling new score from the songwriters of Hairspray.
- Tues., January 18, 2022 @ 7:30pm (NOTE: This performance has been canceled.)
- Weds., January 19, 2022 @ 7:30pm
- Thurs. January 20, 2022 @ 7:30pm
- Fri., January 21, 2022 @ 8pm
- Sat., January 22, 2022 @ 2pm, 8pm
- Sun., January 23, 2022 @ 1pm, 6:30pm
This production is presented by Broadway San Jose.
NOTE: Tickets purchased from any individual, company or website other than the authorized sources of TSJ Ticketing/San Jose Theaters, Ticketmaster or Broadway San Jose are purchased at your own risk and may be fraudulent, counterfeit or invalid for admission to the performance. San Jose Theaters assumes no liability for these tickets and cannot resolve any disputes involving their use. Tickets may not be resold on theater premises, including the courtyard of the Center for the Performing Arts.