Since its 2010 debut, Jake Heggie and Gene Scheer’s Moby-Dick, an operatic adaption of Melville’s classic novel, has captivated audiences with its inventive storytelling along with its spectacular music, sets and visual effects.
Set in 1820, it tells the story of Captain Ahab of the whaleship Pequod who, after losing one of his legs to a frightening white whale, becomes obsessed with finding and destroying the creature at any cost.
Only one crew member, first mate Starbuck, realizes the deadly implications of Ahab’s obsession and the risks to the ship’s crew.
Performances of this Company Premiere will be conducted by Joseph Marcheso. Kristine McIntyre serves as stage director.
- Sat., February 9, 2019 @ 8pm
- Sun., February 10, 2019 @ 3pm
- Thurs., February 14, 2019 @ 8pm
- Sun., February 17, 2019 @ 3pm
- Fri., February 22, 2019 @ 8pm
- Sun., February 24, 2019 @ 3pm