Today’s Performances: 1pm & 6:30pm
Requirements for Entry:
Mask, Proof of Vaccination & Valid ID
What to Bring:
• Valid ID
• Proof of Vaccination
- “Fully Vaccinated” means your performance is at least 14 days after your final vaccine dose. To enter the CPA, please bring a photo ID and proof of vaccination, either your physical vaccination card, a picture of your vaccination card, or a digital vaccination record. All California residents may request a digital vaccination record at MyVaccineRecord.cdph.ca.gov. Photo ID for patrons under 16 is not required.
- Exempted Patrons will be asked to show proof of exemption with a valid ID at the Main Entrance.
- Children under age 12 must provide proof of a negative molecular COVID-19 test (RT-PCR or NAAT) taken within 3 days prior to entering the CPA. Children under age 12 will not be asked for a valid ID. Children under 5 will not be admitted to the theatre. Please note that Broadway San Jose requires the negative molecular COVID-19 test. For example, if your performance is on a Friday, you must get tested on or after Tuesday.
- Medical exemptions must be in writing, include the person’s name, and be signed by a medical professional. In order to be admitted to an event with a medical exemption, a person must also have a negative molecular COVID-19 test (RT-PCR or NAAT) result within 3 days prior to the event. For example, if your performance is on a Friday, you must get tested on or after Tuesday.
- Religious exemptions must be in writing with the person’s name. In order to be admitted to an event with a religious exemption, a person must also have a negative molecular COVID-19 test (RT-PCR or NAAT) result within 3 days prior to the event. For example, if your performance is on a Friday, you must get tested on or after Tuesday.
For more information, please see Broadway San Jose’s Safe and Clean Commitment.
“You can’t stop the beat!” Hairspray, Broadway’s Tony Award-winning musical comedy phenomenon that inspired the blockbuster film and the live television event, is back on tour! Join 16-year-old Tracy Turnblad in 1960’s Baltimore as she sets out to dance her way onto TV’s most popular show. Can a girl with big dreams (and even bigger hair) change the world?
Featuring the beloved score of hit songs including “Welcome to the ’60s,” “Good Morning Baltimore,” “It Takes Two,” and incorporating “Ladies Choice” from the musical film adaption, Hairspray is “fresh, winning, and deliriously tuneful!” (- The New York Times).
This all-new touring production will reunite Broadway’s award-winning creative team led by Director Jack O’Brien and Choreographer Jerry Mitchell to bring Hairspray to a new generation of theater audiences. Don’t miss this “exhilaratingly funny and warm-hearted musical comedy” (- The New Yorker).
Advisory: Recommended for Ages 8+.
- Tues., November 23, 2021 @ 7:30pm
- Weds., November 24, 2021 @ 7:30pm
- Fri., November 26, 2021 @ 2pm, 8pm
- Sat., November 27, [email protected] 2pm, 8pm
- Sun., November 28, 2021 @ 1pm, 6:30pm
This production is presented by Broadway San Jose.
NOTE: Tickets purchased from any individual, company or website other than the authorized sources of TSJ Ticketing/San Jose Theaters, Ticketmaster or Broadway San Jose are purchased at your own risk and may be fraudulent, counterfeit or invalid for admission to the performance. San Jose Theaters assumes no liability for these tickets and cannot resolve any disputes involving their use. Tickets may not be resold on theater premises, including the courtyard of the Center for the Performing Arts.