Requirements for Entry:
Mask, Proof of Vaccination & Valid ID
What to Bring:
• Valid ID
• Proof of Full Vaccination
- Full Vaccination = At least 14 days after your final recommended vaccine dose.
- Negative COVID tests are not allowed to be used as a substitute for proof of vaccination unless they are accompanied by a religious or medical written exemption as outlined in the City of San Jose’s FAQs.
- Children under 12 will not require proof of a negative COVID-19 test.
For more info, please review the venue’s Health and Safety Policy.
One of the earliest and most celebrated operas, Purcell’s Dido and Aeneas is arguably one of the most important operatic works of the 17th century.
Having forsworn romantic love, Dido, Queen of Carthage, is tormented by the Trojan hero Aeneas, who is desperate for her affections. As their love is kindled, a powerful sorcerer plots the queen’s downfall.
Through deceit, trickery, and the conjuring of a raging storm, Dido is ripped from Aeneas, in Purcell’s soaring, richly nuanced work culminating in one of opera’s greatest tragedies.
Opera San José Music Director Joseph Marcheso conducts this stunning new production, featuring celebrated baritone Efraín Solís as Aeneas, lauded soprano Maya Kherani as Belinda, and multi-award-winning bass-baritone Nathan Stark as the Sorcerer.
Individual tickets are on sale as of August 2nd.
- Sat., November 13, 2021 @ 7:30pm
- Sun., November 14, 2021 @ 2pm
- Thurs., November 18, 2021 @ 7:30pm
- Sun., November 21, 2021 @ 2pm
- Sat., November 27, 2021 @ 7:30pm
- Sun., November 28, 2021 @ 2pm