Greet the New Year with two of Pulitzer Prize-winning composer Kevin Put’s widely-acclaimed orchestral works.
Violin virtuoso Mayuko Kamio, winner of the prestigious Tchaikovsky competition, then forges a new Russian-American alliance, playing both Kabalevsky’s lively and lyrical concerto and Foss’s tribute to musical Americana, ending in a Western hoedown.
The program concludes with one of Bernstein’s most sparkling scores: the concert suite from his 1944 ballet Fancy Free.
Conductor: Paul Polivnick
Soloist: Mayuko Kamio, Violin
- Kevin Puts: Millennium Canons
- Kevin Puts: …this noble company
- Dmitry Kabalevsky: Violin Concerto in C Major, Opus 48
- Lukas Foss: Three American Pieces
- Leonard Bernstein: Suite from Fancy Free
- Sat., Jan. 21, 2017 @ 8pm
- Sun., Jan. 22, 2017 @ 2:30pm