Kevin Puts’ Silent Night recounts a miraculous moment of peace during one of the deadliest wars in history.
On the western front, bloodied from battle and mourning their dead, weapons are laid down when three Scottish, French and German officers negotiate a Christmas Eve truce amid the trenches.
As evening sets in, a carol begins, floating softly over no-man’s land. One voice becomes many, and, as enemies lay down their arms to celebrate a precious night of peace and hope, they come together to share Christmas.
Sung — at various times — in English, German, French, Italian and Latin with English supertitles.
- Sat., Feb. 11, 2017 @ 8pm
- Sun., Feb. 12, 2017 @ 3pm
- Thurs., Feb. 16, 2017 @ 8pm
- Sun., Feb. 19, 2017 @ 3pm
- Fri., Feb. 24, 2017 @ 8pm
- Sun., Feb. 26, 2017 @ 3pm