At a fashionable Parisian party, a poet speaks of the nature of love, and Magda realizes that her life as a courtesan has no love at all.
Seeking to relive her poor but unhappy youth, she dresses as a shop girl and ventures to the dance she frequented as a teenager. There, she meets and falls in love with a young man, and leaves her rich protector. Of course, it goes the way of all flesh.
Giacomo Puccini, at the height of his Romantic style, revels in the gaiety of Paris and the sensual richness of love: pure soaring lusciousness… and a little heartbreak.
Sung in Italian with English supertitles.
- Sat., November 11, 2017 @ 8pm
- Sun., November 12, 2017 @ 3pm
- Thurs., November 16, 2017 @ 8pm
- Sun., November 19, 2017 @ 3pm
- Fri., November 21, 2017 @ 8pm
- Sun., November 26, 2017 @ 3pm